Wednesday 13 January 2010

No.9 - Good Old Barry Benjani and Betting Links.

You may notice that the header is green this week, and I am starting the blog with the line of hope. Usually i reserve this disappointing feature till the end of the blog but things are looking up. I just need things to look up a bit more consistently, as a gloomy pattern seems to be emerging - if I carry on like this I will be on blog title No.684 - 'Still not past £130 but bought a new zimmer'. If this pattern is indeed a pattern by which i mean a regular manner of performance I could be in for a bleak weekend. But fear not surely there is a good punt out there that I could have another 64p on.


But why a good week this week. We'll my Saudi Arabian Premiership betting actually went well, I posted two teams last week that I thought were wrongly priced and the little beauties came in. £7 @ 4.60 = £32.20

In fact I have a new favorite Saudi Arabian player Mohammed AlSahlawi who plays upfront for Al Nasr, he chirped up with two goals in the game I picked out last week and then the winner in their next game away from home @5.50. When typing his name in google I found a lovely link to his facebook page so if you want to zombie poke Mr. AlSahlawi go ahead. Thank him from me for his goal scoring prowess.

I am not sure if this middle eastern gambling is something I could keep up, but whilst snow bums the living daylights out of England it provides an alternative means of betting.

I have found the best way to play these obscure leagues is to look for matches where you have a top three team taking on a team at the foot of the table. If they are playing away from home you can get really good value at about 2.00 for a match that is the equivalent to a Hull vs. Man Utd. If you fancy a go let us know your selections in the comments box at the bottom - to find the bets use bet365 rest of the world football and for league data http://uk.soccerway.com/.

I will have a look around and post any bets that i find.

My next bet of the week was £30 on Man City -1 goal @2.10 at home to Blackburn. This was one of those gut feeling full pot bets, so i put just £30 on because I haven't got the minerals for a full pot splooge. Scared of the full pot. Monsieur Tevez was on rampant form, and even Benjani looked half decent. I'm not sure if Mr. Robinho is a man of sincere reflection but i'd ask myself a few questions if Barry Benjani was starting before me. I'd then probably go out and buy a rolex, house or small country to get over it. But I would then sit in my Ferrari on Isle de Robinho probably checking the time again thinking wow this Man City thing didn't really work out that well. But take nothing away from Billy Benjani I thought he played really well and they won 4-1 and that was the important thing. I think away at Everton this weekend Man City could be a good bet to trade on @2.50 I might even have a Berty Benjani first goalscorer bet. Any one who puts Robinho on the bench has my backing.

I know that the season of goodwill is behind us, but kindness should not be seasonal. With that said i have pulled together all the good betting, blog and sports sites that I have found online and put them in one easy place for you to have a look at. I hope they help.

Bets for the weekend will be uploaded tomorrow. All the best for the weekend.


Steve Palmer - This is a brilliant betting diary in the Racing Post. Real man punting.

Cheeky Punt - Another great betting blog, using a point system for tips.

Bet365 - They have all the around the world markets, also good for watching horse racing you only have to bet £1 to be able to watch the race online.

Uk.Soccerway.com - This website has all the league and team data. They also have a head to head function for comparisons of team history and form for every game.

Sky Player TV - The best site of them all is Sky Player TV - finding this is like finding a tenner in a pair of jeans. It is a beautiful thing. Basically if you have SkyTV of know somebody who does ask them to lend you their Sky viewing card number and you are away. Free SkyTV on your laptop as i write this i'm casually streaming Barcelona vs. Sevilla in the background. Yeah in the background not even watching it, it's that casual.

Footytube.com - This site is cracking if you want to catch the highlights of pretty much any game. Little clips of all the goals you will ever need.

William Hill Radio - Great racing radio with the legend himself Lord Budden. I sometimes find myself listening not for the words but for the sound of his voice.

If you have any good links please send them in and we can add them to the list.

No comments: